1 Nephi 16:7-8
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, took one of the adaughters of Ishmael to bwife; and also, my brethren took of the cdaughters of Ishmael to wife; and also dZoram took the eldest daughter of Ishmael to wife.
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, took one of the adaughters of Ishmael to bwife; and also, my brethren took of the cdaughters of Ishmael to wife; and also dZoram took the eldest daughter of Ishmael to wife.
8 And thus my father had fulfilled all the acommandments of the Lord which had been given unto him. And also, I, Nephi, had been blessed of the Lord exceedingly.
Nephi has a writing style in which he often inserts a large amount of information in the middle of a thought. Notice here if you take the first part of verse 7 and the second part of verse 8 it would read: "I, Nephi, took one of the daughters of Ishmael to wife...And also, I, Nephi, had been blessed of the Lord exceedingly. Eternal marriage is without a doubt one of the most important blessings we can receive in this lifetime. I know that I, like Nephi, have been exceedingly blessed because of the daughter of God I married.
Nephi has a writing style in which he often inserts a large amount of information in the middle of a thought. Notice here if you take the first part of verse 7 and the second part of verse 8 it would read: "I, Nephi, took one of the daughters of Ishmael to wife...And also, I, Nephi, had been blessed of the Lord exceedingly. Eternal marriage is without a doubt one of the most important blessings we can receive in this lifetime. I know that I, like Nephi, have been exceedingly blessed because of the daughter of God I married.
No comments:
Post a Comment