· 1st Nephi 3:7-8
“And it came to pass that I, Nephi said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
And it came to pass that when my father had heard these words he was exceedingly glad, for he knew that I had been blessed of the Lord.”
The first verse is undoubtedly one of the most quoted in the Book of Mormon, but the second one is often overlooked. It gives a little insight to Nephi's spiritual progress. In the previous chapter Nephi had desires to know the things his father knew and recieved a vision. Until this point Lehi is unaware that Nephi has become converted and made aware that they really needed to leave. It must have made quite an impact on Lehi to have at least one member of his family be giving their whole support to this journey in the wilderness. Even Sariah didn't come around and trust in Lehi until after her sons had returned safely with the plates.
1 comment:
I love this scripture. We have talked about this before that the reason many people fail to act and do things is out of the fear of failure or the fear that they are incapable. If one is called to do a righteous work, there is no need to fear because God will make you capable and will bless you with the ability, knowledge and wisdom to accomplish it. Have faith, do not fear, just move forward.
Post a Comment